4 Week Digital Portfolio Preparation Course
UK & EU: £1,024
Prices inclusive of 20% VAT*
Through this course, you will cover and understand the fundamentals of manipulating and presenting your digital artwork in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
You will learn to:
Comprehend image size and resolution
Set up documents and use the Photoshop tools efficiently
Explore a range of tools, that enable you to transform and enhance images
Understand layering and basic masking techniques
Create different image file formats and acknowledge when to use them
Understand the relevance of RGB and CMYK and why they matter
Use Adobe InDesign to design templates for your Digital Portfolio using advanced modular gridding techniques.
Please note that you will need to bring your own laptop with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign installed (a 30 day trial is available from the Adobe website).
In preparation for the course please gather and collect your own images in organised titled folders, on your laptop and USB ready to start your course.
By the end of the course you will have prepared your own digital portfolio and have a confident and deeper understanding of how you could extend and re-edit your portfolio for various university or work interview application requests.
- Image size and resolution
- Adobe Photoshop – image manipulation
- Making selections within images
- Transforming images: scale, colour, texture
- Enhancing images: brightness, tone, contrast
- Cleaning images: clone tool, healing tool
- Understanding layers
- Basic masking techniques
- Adobe InDesign – introductory layout design and image selection
- Creating your own templates – advanced modular gridding
- Saving files for web, print and future editing
- Exploring various formats for your digital portfolio, i.e. Flickr, Blogger, Carbonmade, PowerPoint, PDF and others
To help guide you through deciding which bespoke personal programme you would like to organise take a look at the following links:
1-1 Tutorial Support
Art Classes- Term Time
Art Classes- Holiday Time