How much is this course? £5,976 (Price inclusive of 20% VAT*)
What is this? London Art Portfolio offers a 18 week course programme for Art and Design Portfolio Preparation consisting of 12 hours tuition per week – Monday-Thursday from 9am-12noon with free access to studio and desk space until 4pm.
Who is it suitable for? This course is suitable for all levels; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are all welcome.
Portfolio Course Dates
- 3rd July 2017 – 14th December 2017
- 4th September 2017 – 8th February 2018
- 30th October 2017 – 19th April 2018
Art and Design Subject Options
Our 18 week portfolio preparation course programme is split into three 6 week blocks with a short break in between each block. Each tutored session is 3 hours each day from 9am-12noon on Monday-Thursday. After lunch you have the option of utilising the free access to studio and desk space from 1-4pm. While you are on site all materials are included for you as well as access to our kitchen. The course groups are kept small and intimate so that each student is able to reach their full potential and ultimate success in our light, bright studios based by Tower Bridge. This course is a fantastic way of meeting new people and building friendships with others from the UK, Europe and all around the world.
The 18 week portfolio development course is a great opportunity for beginners, personal and professional development and ideal for anyone who is on a gap year or looking for a career change, alongside other plans of how you may want to utilise your time. Over this spread of weeks, each student can be sure to have covered all of the requirements, in more depth, to be ready for their future chosen degree applications or professional career.
The 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course programme is designed to support you through your whole Foundation and UCAS application process applications and prepare you for the start of the interview process, depending on which institution and subject you have chosen. Upon completion of the 18 week programme you are super ready for the next stage of your education, thus making the next step in your career a success too. You will be confident and able from the start of your Degree or Foundation Course to follow through and understand the requirements of projects on your course programme. The 18 week course includes an introduction to Adobe Programmes and 3D Software including Photoshop and Rhino 3D. This gives you a great advantage from the beginning and makes your whole study experience more enjoyable and manageable.
At the end of the course, students will have covered all the fundamental skills and idea development in Art and Design to present for any of the following:
- Direct BA Degree applications
- Pre-Degree applications at foundation level (if this is necessary)
- Post Graduate Masters level applications
- A professional career portfolio
- The opportunity to win an internship at a top artist studio, design studio or fashion house
- You may also decide to add the Digital Portfolio Preparation to your booking at an additional cost.
Imbedded into this programme all students are also encouraged to aspire to creating a portfolio that can be aimed at gaining work experience as an intern or as a first step on their chosen career. The 24 week course has a particular value that can deliver all that you require in this period of time. At the end of the course, students will receive our internal certification and the prepared portfolio will then be used to win a place as an intern at a top fashion house, gallery or design group.
Internships have included:
Fashion Houses such as Iris van Herpen and Peter Pilotto
Various Graphic Design Studios and Architecture Studios
Practicing Fine Art Studios
- A2 plastic portfolio for carrying work safely
- A3 sketchbook
- A pencil case
- A range of HB-6B pencils
- A small box of coloured pencils
- A set of STABILO Point 88 fine line coloured pens (very fine point)
- Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
- Charcoal pencils, one black, white, brown and grey
- 1 scalpel
- Double sided tape
- Masking tape
- UHU glue stick
- A2 ringbound portfolio
- 20 plastic sleeves
- 15 x A1 Ice White thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
- 5 x A1 Jet Black thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
18 Week Course plus UCAS Application Support
You can also choose to gain further application support by booking bespoke 1-1 tutorial sessions to help with writing your application statement and receiving a written reference.
Digital Portfolio Preparation Support
In addition to the application process, you may also wish to book the Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Upon completion of your applications for either Degree or Foundation Courses, universities swiftly request for a digital portfolio to be submitted – you may only have 5 days after your application to submit this. Each university, and even departments, request for different formats and amount of artwork images.
The preparation of this requires a strong physical portfolio to be ready, selection of work from the portfolio, high end photography, grouping and layout design of artwork.
The Digital Portfolio Preparation Package offered by London Art Portfolio is optional, however we do advise that you should consider booking this as all universities will ask for a digital portfolio in various formats to be sent to them.
To find out more visit: Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Further Support Options:
UCAS Application Process
Physical Portfolio Preparation
Digital Portfolio Preparation
Art Classes – Evening
Art Classes – Half-Term
Corporate Classes – Team Building
- University of Oxford: Ruskin School of Art
- The Russell Group of Universities UK: UCL Bartlett, Edinburgh, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham + more
- AA: Association of Architecture
- UAL UK: Central Saint Martin’s School of Art, Chelsea, Camberwell, Wimbledon, LCC
- University of Creative Arts: Epsom School of Art, Farnham, Canterbury
- Goldsmith School of Art, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kingston School of Art: Kingston University
- Ravensbourne School of Art and Media
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester School of Art: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brighton School of Art:University of Brighton
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Parsons School of Art and Design, Paris & New York
- Savanna College of Art and Design
- California State University Northridge
- Otis College of Art & Design, LA
- Polimoda, Florence
- Instituto Marangoni
- Istituto di Design, Torino
- Istituto di Design, Milano
- University of Antwerp
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion Design
- ESMOD Berlin
- ESMOD Paris
- Raffles Design Institute, Singapore
The course allowed me to challenge my skills and learn new techniques that I could use to develop my work further. The opportunities offered by LAP, paired with the super friendly atmosphere at the studios would be useful for any art student.
– Roshni Patel, UK – Progressed to BA (Hons) Architecture at Cardiff University