How much is this course? £1,992 (Price inclusive of 20% VAT*)
What is this? London Art Portfolio offers a 6 week course programme for Art and Design Portfolio Preparation consisting of 12 hours tuition per week – Monday-Thursday from 9am-12noon with free access to studio and desk space until 4pm.
Who is it suitable for? This course is suitable for all levels; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are all welcome.
Portfolio Course Dates
- 3rd July 2017 – 10th August 2017
- 4th September 2017 – 12th October 2017
- 30th October 2017 – 7th December 2017
Art and Design Subject Options
6 Week Course:
- Week 1 – Introduction to fundamentals of drawing.
- Week 2 – Introduction to project. Idea development/research for project all week.
- Week 3 – Develop selected project ideas further-range of medium and drawing techniques including collage etc.
- Week 4 – Model making (great for all specialist areas of art and design).
- Week 5 – Review initial course ideas and drawing skills from week 1-4, extend further to acheive a higher level of development and portfolio preparation. Introduction to CAD programmes such as Photoshop and Rhino 3D.
- Week 6 – Finalise artwork for portfolio preparation for all levels of applications and interviews. Photography of 2D and 3D artwork. Project titling in portfolio.
A 6-Week Art and Design Portfolio Course is ideal for clients who want to invest some weeks or months into developing their art or design work leading towards building up a portfolio for a Foundation Course, Higher Education application, professional development and a change in career. Beginners to advanced level are welcome. As from July 2016, this course will also include an introduction to Adobe Programmes and 3D Software including Photoshop and Rhino 3D.
It is perfect for an artist or designer, who wants to get back to painting, designing or making again! You will receive professional advice on how to progress as an artist or designer and have lots of fun doing it!
You will be introduced to drawing and make full use of London by maximizing the wonders of the amazing Museums and contemporary art galleries it has to offer.
You will explore a range of materials, processes and techniques, which is ideal for both beginners and the more advanced client.
Much emphasis is placed on idea development and concept building. You will be given professional support throughout this process, which will then lead to the selection of some ideas to develop further into a few serious outcomes.
The London Art Portfolio Preparation courses are a fantastic way to meet new people in the creative arts. You will also extend your knowledge in Critical and Contextual Studies learning more about historical and contemporary artists and designers.
- A2 plastic portfolio for carrying work safely
- A3 sketchbook
- A pencil case
- A range of HB-6B pencils
- A small box of coloured pencils
- A set of STABILO Point 88 fine line coloured pens (very fine point)
- Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
- Charcoal pencils, one black, white, brown and grey
- 1 scalpel
- Double sided tape
- Masking tape
- UHU glue stick
- A2 ringbound portfolio
- 20 plastic sleeves
- 15 x A1 Ice White thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
- 5 x A1 Jet Black thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
Many of our tutees have built up their portfolio with a summer course alongside One-One Tutorial support, which gives you the opportunity to focus on your whole UCAS application process.
Reference opportunity for committed portfolio tutees. For committed students this can also lead to receiving a very supportive reference from London Art Portfolio for your Foundation, UCAS Undergraduate, or Masters applications. We have a close working relationship with the University of the Arts London and University of Creative Arts London, Goldsmiths, Brighton Art School and many more art and design education institutions both in the UK and elsewhere!
Advanced booking of 1-1 tutorials is necessary for both application statements and references.
Further Support Options
To help guide you through deciding which bespoke personal programme you would like to organise take a look at the following links:
1-1 Tutorial Support
UCAS Application Process
Physical Portfolio Preparation
Digital Portfolio Preparation
Art Classes – Evening
Art Classes – Half-Term
Corporate Classes – Team Building
- University of Oxford: Ruskin School of Art
- The Russell Group of Universities UK: UCL Bartlett, Edinburgh, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham + more
- AA: Association of Architecture
- UAL UK: Central Saint Martin’s School of Art, Chelsea, Camberwell, Wimbledon, LCC
- University of Creative Arts: Epsom School of Art, Farnham, Canterbury
- Goldsmith School of Art, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kingston School of Art: Kingston University
- Ravensbourne School of Art and Media
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester School of Art: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brighton School of Art:University of Brighton
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Parsons School of Art and Design, Paris & New York
- Savanna College of Art and Design
- California State University Northridge
- Otis College of Art & Design, LA
- Polimoda, Florence
- Instituto Marangoni
- Istituto di Design, Torino
- Istituto di Design, Milano
- University of Antwerp
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion Design
- ESMOD Berlin
- ESMOD Paris
- Raffles Design Institute, Singapore
I learnt so many things that I wouldn’t have learnt and I received all the support I needed. My tutor was devoted to me and helped so much even outside of my course! I had a really good guidance and I am so satisfied.
– Iris Tzemari, Greece – Progressed to BA (Hons) Fashion Design at London College of Fashion