Digital Portfolio Design
When you apply for a practice-based art, design and architecture course at University in the UK and around the world, you need to submit a portfolio of artwork. The portfolio is the most important part of the application.
Universities want to see your journey of research and progression of thought; exploration of mediums and materials, selection of ideas and concepts, sketchbooks, research folders and notebooks and much more…
London Art Portfolio is very experienced at assisting you in the selection of the artwork for the presentation of your Digital Portfolio. You need to win an interview with your Digital Portfolio. Only then will you have the opportunity to show your full Physical Portfolio at an interview!
Digital Portfolios need careful consideration and take time to plan and prepare for your University application.
STEP ONE – Prepare a Physical Portfolio
To prepare a strong portfolio in art, design or architecture. This is the first step towards being selected for an interview.
STEP TWO – Prepare a Digital Portfolio
To prepare a strong digital portfolio in art, design or architecture from your physical portfolio, to submit to win an interview.
The submission of your Digital Portfolio is your first step towards being selected for an interview for one or both of the following:
Foundation Course in Art and Design
UCAS Degree application interview.
You are allowed to apply to up to:
Five different Foundation Courses in Art and Design
Five Degree UCAS Courses.
Potentially this could be 10 different applications, each with their own Digital Portfolio specifications. London Art Portfolio can support and direct you through this to produce visually stunning Digital Portfolios. We work with you through this process so that you also learn how to digitally organise and prepare yourselves in the future. You will meet your deadlines! You will be successful!
Digital Portfolio Preparation Support includes:
- Initial overview of your Physical Portfolio of artwork
- Selection of artwork for the preparation of your Digital Portfolio
- Photography of selected Physical Portfolio artwork
- Scanning from sketchbooks and note books
- Preparation of high-end digital images to win your interview!
- Selection and layout design of digital artwork for the Digital Portfolio
- Upload support and advice of digital images in various formats for a range of online loading. This includes:
- University Digital application website pages
- Specific blog accounts: Blogger, Carbonmade
- Flickr account
- Power Point and others.
Digital Image Preparation includes:
It is important that your images and videos should be carefully selected to be representative of your work and interests.
Digital Image Software used at London Art Portfolio includes:
- Adobe Creative suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Film editing software – Final Cut Pro
- Rhino-3D Software
Application of high-end skills for quality digital image production of still and moving images, i.e. Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
To select and arrange the allocated number of images, that each University has specified. This number of images will vary from one University to another.
Each institution often asks for different formats for your Digital Portfolio Submission.
10 PowerPoint slides
25 jpeg Images to be uploaded onto a Flickr account
15 jpeg images to be loaded onto: Blogger, Carbonmade
To prepare a title and/or a mini statement to support each of your digital images to describe your idea, choice of media and dimensions of the work in some cases.
* Please note: We will not be liable for any cancellation of the course or tutorials once payment has been made. Non-attendance of classes due to illness or personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds.