“From my 1:1 tuitions at London Art Portfolio, I’ve not only reached my goals of getting into Central Saint Martins, but I’ve broaden my artistic skills and creativity. You will be encouraged and pushed to achieve your artistic dreams.” – Vy Cutting, Britain – Progressed to Foundation Diploma and BA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
Physical Portfolio Preparation
£84 per hour, 2 hours minimum = £168 per 2 hr session.
Prices inclusive of 20% VAT*
At London Art Portfolio you will receive quality bespoke feedback on your personal requirements, which can either lead to any of the following:
- a successful University or Foundation art and design portfolio
- a professional portfolio for practicing artists or designers for job and exhibition applications
- a personal development of an existing art and design portfolio which can lead to more innovative ideas and concepts
- a personal development portfolio which will inspire a desire to learn more about art and design
Your portfolio is a necessary part of application process, without a super strong portfolio you are not guaranteed a place. London Art Portfolio can support you through this whole process.
It is important that your portfolio reflects something that is individual to you. It is essential to share your creative process of thinking through your ideas in your artwork. We encourage you to express your personal interests through a range of materials and mediums with specialist staff, including 2D, 3D and moving image, whilst also providing evidence of intellectual enquiry within your work. Thus inspiring you to follow a creative journey with much experimentation and reflection, logging your work in progress along your way. It is important to demonstrate how you have managed to resolve visual and conceptual problems, which have in turn led to a series of innovative outcomes. The end purpose, is for both universities and employers, to discover the qualities that are unique to you. We stress that it is ‘Your Creative Journey’ that really matters!
Physical Portfolio Preparation Support includes:
- Introduction to fundamentals of drawing
- Introduction to research methods and processes
- Continual development of sketchbooks, log book and research folder
- Project development
- Idea development/research for project
- Exploration of new materials and mediums
- Introduction to new drawing techniques including collage etc
- Model making (great for all specialist areas of art and design).
- Review initial ideas extend further after model making and create final ideas.
- Start portfolio preparation
- Layout and presentation
- Titling of portfolio
- Finalisation of portfolio preparation for interviews
Some Art and Design Portfolio Preparation Course tutees also choose to book One-One Tutorials for finalising the organisation of their portfolio and their online Foundation, UCAS or Masters applications. As well as professional development and a change in career.
The whole process is very bespoke led which is ideal for your University applications.
We try to be flexible and offer a choice of pay-as-you-go or block booking.
Beginners to advanced level are welcome.
Each One-One Tutorial booking is delivered in 2-hour minimum sessions. During each session you will then be set specific tasks to learn or improve that relate to your personal needs. At the end of each art class and session a ‘Independent Study’ outline will be discussed and drawn up for you to follow through in your own time. The whole process is very bespoke led which is ideal for your University applications.
* Please note: We will not be liable for any cancellation of the course or tutorials once payment has been made. Non-attendance of classes due to illness or personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds.