Please read the following information and guidelines regarding the application process, which does include a mini digital portfolio. When you are ready please upload your digital portfolio and complete the Online Foundation Course Application Form.
UK, EU and International Applicants
We accept applications for the London Art Portfolio Art and Design Foundation Course from all UK, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens or Internationals with a current visa for the UK.
For your application you are required to submit a personal statement of up to 450 words. Through this statement you should explain your art and design inspirations, creative experiences so far, future ambitions and personal interests other than art.
Digital Portfolio Submission
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a digital portfolio of your work. Your portfolio of work should be presented as a PDF document which you can create using PowerPoint, Word, InDesign and other programmes. You can only upload one file at it should be no larger than 50MB.
Your Digital Portfolio should have a total of 10 images, each of which can include multiple images within it i.e. four images placed together to create one image.
You must have evidence of:
- 2 x drawing – 2 different approaches to demonstrate a range of skills
- 1 x research – aim to show a range of research for a particular project
- 2 x idea development – 1 image could be from your sketchbook
- 2 x design development
- 2 x finished pieces
- 1 x non-art interest – maximum of 4 images included in the image
Art and Design Portfolio Interview
London Art Portfolio will review your online application and digital portfolio. We will then establish whether to invite you to an interview at London Art Portfolio. You will then be informed if you are invited to an interview or if you have been unsuccessful at this stage.
For your interview you are required to bring your physical portfolio with you. This is your opportunity to demonstrate a range of ideas, mediums and skills that reflect your personal interests and research. This work could encompass developmental and completed artwork from your A Level, IB programme or various short courses and evening classes, in art or design, that you may have attended over a period of time.
Please present a minimum of 10-15 pieces of artwork that could be any of the following specialist fields such as; fine art, fashion and textile design, graphic design, photography, 3D design and architecture. This is a diagnostic Art and Design Foundation Course. We are proud to be successful at placing students onto degree courses in all specialist fields at top UK, EU and international universities.
Your portfolio can include:
- photographs of 3D models, sculpture and art installation
- examples of research, idea development and experimentation must be evident
- your personal interests in art, design and media, along with your commitment should be clear
- strong drawing is desirable; this may include observation, perspective, life drawing and painting
- 1-2 sketchbooks would be an advantage to share your creative thinking and visual problem solving
- an example of your written work demonstrating your investigation skills and critical thought process is beneficial
- examples of your non-art interests too
London Art Portfolio offers a special Foundation Course in Art and Design. We have a limited number of 15 places available on the course, therefore we are selective with our application process. We can only offer places to applicants who are committed and sincere in their desire to learn and develop their creative thinking, art and design skills and are open to the learning process.