How much is this course? £7,171 (incl. 20% VAT)
What we offer: London Art Portfolio offers a full time 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course programme in art and design from 9 am – 4 pm each day, Monday-Thursday. The week consists of up to 16 hours of tuition per week and offers free studio and desk space until 4 pm. The day starts at 9 am, lunch is at 12 noon.
Who is it suitable for? This course is suitable for all levels; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are all welcome. Perfect for Gap Year and Career Change applicants!
Early Payment Special Support Offer: to include the writing and editing of your UCAS Application Statement and offer of a Reference for anyone who fully attends and follows the course closely.
Valid for Bookings:
Received before: 29th April 2019
Commencing before: 13th December 2019
Portfolio Course Dates
- 7th January – 6th June 2019
- 7th January – 6th June 2019
- 1st July – 13th December 2019
- 9th September – 30th January 2020
- 4th November – 26th March 2020
- 6th January – 4th June 2020
Art and Design Subject Options
Our 18 week portfolio preparation course programme is a full-time study programme 9 am – 4 pm from Monday – Thursday. The 18 week programme is split into three 6 week blocks with a short Study Break in between each block. Each tutored session is a minimum of 3 hours each day from 9 am-12 noon on Monday-Thursday. On a few days, your sessions are 5 hours, from 9-12 and 1-3 pm. The day always starts at 9 am, lunch is 12-1 pm.
After lunch, you have the option of utilising free access to studio and desk space from 1-4pm. While you are on site all materials are included for you as well as access to our kitchen. The 18 week portfolio preparation course groups are kept small and intimate so that each student is able to reach their full potential and ultimate success in our light, bright studios based by Tower Bridge. This course is a fantastic way of meeting new people and building friendships with others from the UK, Europe and all around the world.
The 18 week portfolio development course is a great opportunity for beginners, personal and professional development and ideal for anyone who is on a gap year or looking for a career change, alongside other plans of how you may want to utilise your time. Over this spread of weeks, each student can be sure to have covered all of the requirements, in more depth, to be ready for their future choice of degree applications or professional career.
The 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course programme is designed to support you through your whole Foundation and UCAS application process applications and prepares you for the start of the interview process, depending on which institution and subject you have chosen. Upon completion of the 18 week portfolio preparation course programme you are super ready for the next stage of your education, thus making the next step in your career a success too. You will be confident and able from the start of your Degree or Foundation Course to follow through and understand the requirements of projects on your course programme. The 18 week portfolio preparation course includes an introduction to Adobe Programmes and 3D Software including Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Rhino 3D. This gives you a great advantage from the beginning and makes your whole study experience more enjoyable and manageable.
At the end of this 18 Week Portfolio Preparation Course, students will have covered all the fundamental skills and idea development in Art and Design to present for any of the following:
- Direct BA Degree applications
- Pre-Degree applications at foundation level (if this is necessary)
- Post Graduate Masters level applications
- A professional career portfolio
- The opportunity to win an internship at a top artist studio, design studio or fashion house
- You may also decide to add the Digital Portfolio Preparation to your booking at an additional cost.
Embedded in this programme all students are also encouraged to aspire to create a portfolio that can be aimed at gaining work experience as an intern or as a first step on their chosen career. At the end of the course, students will receive our internal certification and the prepared portfolio will then be used to win a place as an intern at a top fashion house, gallery or design group.
Internships have included:
Fashion Houses such as Iris van Herpen and Peter Pilotto
Various Graphic Design Studios and Architecture Studios
Practising Fine Art Studios
- A2 plastic portfolio for carrying work safely
- A3 sketchbook
- A pencil case
- A range of HB-6B pencils
- A small box of coloured pencils
- A set of STABILO Point 88 fine line coloured pens (very fine point)
- Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
- Charcoal pencils, one black, white, brown and grey
- 1 scalpel
- Double sided tape
- Masking tape
- UHU glue stick
- A2 ringbound portfolio
- 20 plastic sleeves
- 15 x A1 Ice White thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
- 5 x A1 Jet Black thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
18 Week Course plus UCAS Application Support
You can also choose to gain further application support by booking bespoke 1-1 tutorial sessions to help with writing your application statement and receiving a written reference.
Digital Portfolio Preparation Support
In addition to the application process, you may also wish to book the Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Upon completion of your applications for either Degree or Foundation Courses, universities swiftly request for a digital portfolio to be submitted – you may only have 5 days after your application to submit this. Each university and even departments request for different formats and amount of artwork images.
The preparation of this requires a strong physical portfolio to be ready, selection of work from the portfolio, high-end photography, grouping and layout design of artwork.
The Digital Portfolio Preparation Package offered by London Art Portfolio is optional, however, we do advise that you should consider booking this as all universities will ask for a digital portfolio in various formats to be sent to them.
To find out more visit: Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Further Support Options:
- University of Oxford: Ruskin School of Art
- The Russell Group of Universities UK: UCL Bartlett, Edinburgh, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham + more
- AA: Association of Architecture
- UAL UK: Central Saint Martin’s School of Art, Chelsea, Camberwell, Wimbledon, LCC
- University of Creative Arts: Epsom School of Art, Farnham, Canterbury
- Goldsmith School of Art, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kingston School of Art: Kingston University
- Ravensbourne School of Art and Media
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester School of Art: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brighton School of Art: University of Brighton
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Parsons School of Art and Design, Paris & New York
- Savanna College of Art and Design
- California State University Northridge
- Otis College of Art & Design, LA
- Polimoda, Florence
- Instituto Marangoni
- Istituto di Design, Torino
- Istituto di Design, Milano
- University of Antwerp
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion Design
- ESMOD Berlin
- ESMOD Paris
- Raffles Design Institute, Singapore
The course allowed me to challenge my skills and learn new techniques that I could use to develop my work further. The opportunities offered by LAP, paired with the super friendly atmosphere at the studios would be useful for any art student.
– Roshni Patel, UK – Progressed to BA (Hons) Architecture at Cardiff University