SUMMER 2019 OFFER
Save 15% off your tuition fees by paying early for courses commencing before 13th December 2019
Valid for Bookings paid by 5th August 2019. New Price: £7650
WHAT WE OFFER
London Art Portfolio offers a full time 24 Week Portfolio Preparation Course programme in art and design from 9 am – 4 pm each day, Monday-Thursday. The week consists of up to 16 hours of tuition per week and offers free studio and desk space until 4 pm. The day starts at 9 am.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR
This course is suitable for all levels; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are all welcome. Perfect for Gap Year and Career Change applicants!
Portfolio Course Dates
- 1st July – 13th February 2019
- 9th September 2019 – 26th March 2020
- 4th November 2019 – 4th June 2020
- 6th January 2020 – 13th August 2020
- 6th July 2020 – 11th February 2021
Art and Design Subject Options
Our 24-week portfolio preparation course programme is a full-time course split into four 6 week blocks with a short break in between each block. Each tutored session starts at 9 am in the morning, some sessions are 3 hours a day others are 5 hours a day from Monday-Thursday. After lunch, you have the option of utilising free access to studio and desk space from 1-4pm.
While you are on site you have easy access to our kitchen. Groups sizes are kept small on the 24-week portfolio preparation course and the setting is intimate and focused. Each student is able to reach their full potential and ultimate success in our light, bright studios based by Tower Bridge. This course is a fantastic way of meeting new people and building friendships with others from the UK, Europe and all around the world.
This is a great opportunity for beginners, Gap Year and career change applicants, who are aiming for personal and professional development. Over this period of 24 weeks, each student can be sure to have covered all of the requirements, in much more depth. Everyone will be ready for their future choice of degree applications, professional career, or personal self-development. You are also super ready to apply for top designer Internship posts for work experience!
This art and design portfolio preparation course programme is designed to support you throughout the 24 weeks. You will be well prepared for your whole Foundation, UCAS application or Masters application process; including the interview process.
Upon completion of the 24-week portfolio preparation course programme, you are super ready for the next stage of your education, thus making the next step in your career success too. You will be confident and able from the start of your Degree or Foundation Course to follow through and understand the requirements of projects on your course programme. The 24-week portfolio preparation course includes an introduction to Adobe Programmes and 3D Software including Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Rhino 3D. This gives you a great advantage from the beginning and makes your whole study experience more enjoyable and manageable.
At the end of this 24-Week Portfolio Preparation Course, students will have covered all the fundamental skills and idea development in Art and Design to present for any of the following:
- Direct BA Degree applications
- Pre-Degree applications at foundation level (if this is necessary)
- Post Graduate Masters level applications
- A professional career portfolio
- The opportunity to win an internship at a top artist studio, design studio or fashion house
- You may also decide to add the Digital Portfolio Preparation to your booking at an additional cost.
Embedded in this programme all students are also encouraged to aspire to create a portfolio that can be aimed at gaining work experience as an intern or as a first step on their chosen career. At the end of the course, students will receive our internal certification and the prepared portfolio will then be used to win a place as an intern at a top fashion house, gallery or design group.
Internships have included:
Fashion Houses such as Iris van Herpen, Peter Pilotto, Louise Vuitton, House of Holland and many more!
Various Graphic Design Studios and Architecture Studios
Practising Fine Art Studios
- A2 plastic portfolio for carrying work safely
- A3 sketchbook
- A pencil case
- A range of HB-6B pencils
- A small box of coloured pencils
- A set of STABILO Point 88 fine line coloured pens (very fine point)
- Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
- Charcoal pencils, one black, white, brown and grey
- 1 scalpel
- Double sided tape
- Masking tape
- UHU glue stick
- A2 ringbound portfolio
- 20 plastic sleeves
- 15 x A1 Ice White thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
- 5 x A1 Jet Black thin CANFORD card (for mounting)
24 Week Course plus UCAS Application Support
You can also choose to gain further application support by booking bespoke 1-1 tutorial sessions to help with writing your application statement and receiving a written reference.
Digital Portfolio Preparation Support
In addition to the application process, you may also wish to book the Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Upon completion of your applications for either Degree or Foundation Courses, universities swiftly request for a digital portfolio to be submitted – you may only have 5 days after your application to submit this. Each university and even departments request for different formats and amount of artwork images.
The preparation of this requires a strong physical portfolio to be ready, selection of work from the portfolio, high-end photography, grouping and layout design of artwork.
The Digital Portfolio Preparation Package offered by London Art Portfolio is optional, however, we do advise that you should consider booking this as all universities will ask for a digital portfolio in various formats to be sent to them.
To find out more visit: Digital Portfolio Preparation Package.
Further Support Options:
- University of Oxford: Ruskin School of Art
- The Russell Group of Universities UK: UCL Bartlett, Edinburgh, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham + more
- AA: Association of Architecture
- UAL UK: Central Saint Martin’s School of Art, Chelsea, Camberwell, Wimbledon, LCC
- University of Creative Arts: Epsom School of Art, Farnham, Canterbury
- Goldsmith School of Art, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kingston School of Art: Kingston University
- Ravensbourne School of Art and Media
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester School of Art: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brighton School of Art: University of Brighton
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Parsons School of Art and Design, Paris & New York
- Savanna College of Art and Design
- California State University Northridge
- Otis College of Art & Design, LA
- Polimoda, Florence
- Instituto Marangoni
- Istituto di Design, Torino
- Istituto di Design, Milano
- University of Antwerp
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion Design
- ESMOD Berlin
- ESMOD Paris
- Raffles Design Institute, Singapore
The course allowed me to challenge my skills and learn new techniques that I could use to develop my work further. The opportunities offered by LAP, paired with the super friendly atmosphere at the studios would be useful for any art student.
– Roshni Patel, UK – Progressed to BA (Hons) Architecture at Cardiff University