“From my 1:1 tuitions at London Art Portfolio, I’ve not only reached my goals of getting into Central Saint Martins, but I’ve broaden my artistic skills and creativity. You will be encouraged and pushed to achieve your artistic dreams.” – Vy Cutting, Britain – Progressed to Foundation Diploma and BA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
Physical Portfolio Preparation
£210 per two hour session (prices incl. 20% VAT*)
London Art Portfolio one-one tutors have the experience to identify areas of improvement for your physical portfolio preparation. In this way we can design an individual, bespoke, one-one tutorial programme that can meet your personal needs and requirements. In between sessions you will receive an in depth, bespoke feedback, along with a clear outline on how you can proceed. The one-one portfolio programme for your physical portfolio can lead to any of the following:
- successful University Degree or Masters portfolio applications
- successful Foundation in Art and Design portfolio applications
- professional practice portfolio preparation, for practicing artists, or designer job interviews
- portfolio development of existing artwork, that can lead to new innovative ideas or exhibitions
- portfolio start up, for beginners or ‘Change of Career’ applicants, who have the desire to learn more about art and design
- portfolio development for GCSE, A’Level or IB coursework-raise your school grade or win a scholarship!
Your physical portfolio is a necessary part of the art school application process. London Art Portfolio can support you through this whole process starting with the preparation of your Physical Art and Design Portfolio, leading into the Digital Portfolio Preparation. We can offer high end skills and expertise to be able to support a range of application and personal development levels which include the following:
- GCSE, A’ Levels & IB
- professional development
- Change in Career
- Personal Development
Your physical portfolio should reflect something that is individual to you. It is essential to share your creative process of thinking through idea development in your artwork. Through a range of materials, processes and techniques, your physical portfolio explores methods of work, including 2D, 3D and moving image. Specialist art and design staff, with portfolio preparation experience, will encourage you to express your personal interests and stretch your intellectual enquiry within your work. Thus inspiring you to follow a creative journey with much experimentation and reflection, logging your work in progress along your way.
Your physical portfolio should demonstrate how you resolve visual and conceptual problems, which have in turn, led to a series of innovative outcomes. The end purpose, is for both universities and employers, to discover and be enthused by qualities that are unique to you. We stress that it is ‘Your Creative Journey’ that really matters!
Physical Portfolio Preparation Support includes:
- Introduction to fundamentals of drawing
- Introduction to research methods and processes
- Continual development of sketchbooks, log book and research folder
- Project development
- Idea development/research for project
- Exploration of new materials and mediums
- Introduction to new drawing techniques including collage etc
- Model making (great for all specialist areas of art and design).
- Review initial ideas extend further after model making and create final ideas.
- Start portfolio preparation
- Layout and presentation
- Titling of portfolio
- Finalisation of portfolio preparation for interviews
Each One-One Tutorial booking is delivered in 2-hour minimum sessions. During each session you will then be set specific tasks to learn or improve that relate to your personal needs. At the end of each art class and session an ‘Independent Study’ outline will be discussed and drawn up for you to follow through in your own time. The whole process is very bespoke led, which is ideal for your University applications.
We try to be flexible and offer a choice of pay-as-you-go or block booking. Beginners to advanced level are welcome.
* Please note: We will not be liable for any cancellation of the course or tutorials once payment has been made. Non-attendance of classes due to illness or personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds.