Learn to communicate your visual ideas and narratives through a range of processes and techniques on the Illustration Introduction evening class.
One eye sees, the other feels.
– Paul Klee
This Illustration Introduction Evening Class is focused on learning the processes and techniques to communicate ideas and narratives through inventive and imaginative image-making. You will be guided through the process of answering a brief and learn to research a subject, interpret ideas and create playful and original imagery – giving you the perfect illustration introduction.
What you will learn
On this Illustration Introduction Evening Class you will:
- Investigate a range of approaches to generate and communicate ideas to brief
- Learn to use museums and galleries for research
- Utilise own photography and observations as an initial starting point
- Develop skills working with different media and mark making
- Identify different qualities of mediums when creating illustrations
- Expand your understanding of creating imagery that interprets and communicates text
- Consider and analyse the relationship between text and image
- Explore the process of visually communicating a narrative through a single image and sequential images resulting in the creation of a narrative book
How you will learn
- Learn through a combination of guided exercises and activities guided through briefs and longer activities
- Visit galleries and museums to draw from observation in different locations around London
- Participate in presentations and demonstrations
- Generate your own research in response to briefs and projects as part of your illustration introduction
- Receive feedback and one-one support from your tutor
- Be provided with set independent study tasks to complete between sessions to ensure your creative development
- Experience a fun, playful insight into a range of skills that form the basis of your illustration introduction
Materials you will need
- An A3 Sketchbook
- Drawing pencils H-2B
- Coloured pencils
- Dip pens
- Black ink
- Magazine collage materials
- Fine liner pens
- Pritt stick glue
- Coloured tissue paper.
Make a Booking
6:30pm – 9pm
For further information regarding dates – please enquire.