We deliver a 4 Week and 6 Week Art and Design Portfolio Course, which is ideal for young people keen to spend a creative summer in London to learn and extend art and design skills. Meet other young creatives from around the UK, Europe, and overseas, make new friends, feel a sense of belonging with other creative minds who love making and creating!
We deliver onsite studio art and design portfolio preparation courses, online portfolio courses, and 1-1- tuition. This applies to all of our art classes. We also deliver a Hybrid approach which allows more flexibility. This can be very helpful for many reasons: lifestyle choices, you may be living in between countries or places, you may be too unwell to travel but can still join the group and continue your studies online, or you may need to keep your accommodation, living and travel costs down. We understand your personal decisions the choice is yours. We can teach and reach out to anyone in the world. What we do require is full attendance, whether it be onsite or online. The longer you study with us, the more you learn!
Choose any of the following:
- onsite studio art and design portfolio preparation courses and 1-1- tutorial support
- live online portfolio preparation courses, 1-1 tuition and mentor support
- blended hybrid learning is the perfect solution for some students.
The LAP course is a great way to raise the level of your English language and written skills whilst building up a strong art and design specialist vocabulary. Beginners, career change applicants and professionals are all welcome. We have the skills and expertise to teach each level.
Beginners to advanced levels are welcome.
4 Week £1,920 (incl VAT)
6 Week £2,820 (incl VAT)
Have fun this summer! Join the Under 18 Summer Portfolio School!
Start to build your portfolio now.
Learn to draw, design and make.
Explore new materials, processes and techniques.
Expand your fine art ideas and skills discover new methods of working which prepares you for art school
Learn how to design: fashion, graphic design, architecture, 3D product design and textile design
Visit world-famous art galleries and museums
Learn how to research for fun innovative ideas.
Extend your English language and communication skills.
Build your confidence.
Prepare for IB, A-Level or GCSE art projects or studies before you go back to school.
Plan in advance for UAL and other Art & Design Foundation Course applications in London and elsewhere.
London Art Portfolio runs its own very niche Art and Design Foundation Course. Great for anyone who would prefer to study in a small group and be successful!
- 4 week: 3rd July 2023 – 27th July 2023
- 6 week: 3rd July 2023 – 10th August 2023
Art and Design Subject Options
WHAT WE OFFER
Days: Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
Tuition: 9 am-12 noon
Self-study: 1 pm – 4pm
Afternoon Study: Students are expected to continue their morning study independently each afternoon and to be ready to share their work the following morning to receive helpful feedback. This applies to both onsite and online students. In this way, you can fully benefit from our portfolio course programme. We do realise that in the Summer you may have other commitments planned in the afternoon. Full attendance is expected.
Online Study: LAP uses Zoom. Please have PowerPoint, Microsoft Word or the Google Suite already set up on your computer, with plenty of space available plus an external drive or USB.
- A2 plastic portfolio for carrying work safely
- A3 sketchbook
- A pencil case
- A range of HB-6B pencils
- A small box of coloured pencils
- A set of STABILO Point 88 fine line coloured pens (very fine point)
- Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
- Charcoal pencils, one black, white, brown and grey
- 1 scalpel
- Double-sided tape
- Masking tape
- UHU glue stick
- A2 ring-bound portfolio
- 20 plastic sleeves
- 15 x A1 White thin CANDORD card (for mounting)
- 15 x A1 Jet Black thin CANDORD card (for mounting)
One-One Tutorial Support
We can offer a flexible One-One bespoke booking programme that can fit into your lifestyle and summer plans. Please do contact us to find out more.
Extend your skills in all areas of art and design with One-One tutorial support.
Many of our Under 18s also like to experience how to prepare a portfolio.
One-One Tutorial support works well when combined with a summer course and can give you the opportunity to focus on your whole future UCAS application process.
Receive support on how to make successful applications to UAL: CSM, LCF, LCC, Chelsea, Camberwell; Goldsmiths, Ravensbourne, RA, Slade and many more top UK Art Institutions!
Receive support in the writing of your application statements
Advanced booking of 1-1 tutorials is necessary for both application statements and references.
- University of Oxford: Ruskin School of Art
- The Russell Group of Universities UK: UCL Bartlett, Edinburgh, Bath, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham + more
- AA: Association of Architecture
- UAL UK: Central Saint Martin’s School of Art, Chelsea, Camberwell, Wimbledon, LCC
- University of Creative Arts: Epsom School of Art, Farnham, Canterbury
- Goldsmith School of Art, University of London
- Glasgow School of Art
- Kingston School of Art: Kingston University
- Ravensbourne School of Art and Media
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester School of Art: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brighton School of Art: University of Brighton
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Parsons School of Art and Design, Paris & New York
- Savanna College of Art and Design
- California State University Northridge
- Otis College of Art & Design, LA
- Polimoda, Florence
- Instituto Marangoni
- Istituto di Design, Torino
- Istituto di Design, Milano
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute
- Copenhagen Academy of Fashion Design
- Raffles Design Institute, Singapore
..London Art Portfolio, and Julia in particular, gave me creative guidance and help throughout the course to make sure I achieved and produced work, not only I, myself was pleased with, but work that would get me accepted to the schools I applied to…
– Sophie Jebsen
* Please note: We will not be liable for any cancellation of the course or tutorials once payment has been made. Non-attendance of classes due to illness or personal or professional reasons does not provide the right to refunds.
9 am-12 noon
4 Weeks £1920, 6 Weeks £2820