You need to be confident, driven and positive. A highly organised and experienced professional who enjoys solving problems independently while keeping the Director informed. Patience and an ability to communicate and welcome students is key, alongside a commitment to deliver when under pressure is an advantage. You should have the ability to work autonomously while being a team player and have a genuine enthusiasm for helping others and working within a vibrant educational setting.
This post could be of interest to both start-up and experienced international education administrators and managers with a more global education vision. To speak another language would be welcome, although this is not compulsory. Someone with a genuine interest or knowledge of art and culture, seriously ready to work in a creative art education environment. You may have a qualification or interest in art, design, fashion, media or history of art with experience in talking to UK, EU and international clients. The company has a national reputation and continues to build art education links with clients around the world.
Strong administrative, communication and IT skills are expected and are a must. Knowledge and previous experience in digital marketing and social media would be highly desirable. Training for Photoshop available. If you have a genuine interest or knowledge in the arts, there is an opportunity for a permanent contract for someone who performs consistently well and shows particular attributes over the 6 month period.
- Answers general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
- Reception duties, welcome new clients on-site, answer incoming phone calls and schedule appointments
- Books meeting rooms
- Communicates clearly with international and UK clients
- Provides administrative support for the directors as needed
- Schedules client appointments
- Arranging online Zoom and telephone meetups with potential clients from time to time
- Processes and uploads weekly invoices onto online software, DEXT and Xero-support will be given
- Updates ongoing client bookings and Google Drive Diaries
- Informs and supports clients on essential Portfolio Course information and options available
- Monitors weekly studio calendar, seasonal planning, and diary management
- Independently researches to solve problems
- Liaises and timetables tutors for the portfolio course and tutorials
- Overviews tutor and student session material and confirms it’s all up to date
- Arranges travel and accommodation plans for the Director when required
- Manages academic office subscriptions to magazines, Museums, Art Galleries, and online resources
- Ability to pass a current DBS check
- Excellent English language skills both written and oral communication – this is a must
- Willingness to learn as part of your role (Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Digital Marketing, Social Media Management)
- Excellent keyboard skills, including speed and accuracy plus strong presentation skills
- Excellent Google Suite knowledge; Google Calendar, Google Docs, Sheet, Photos
- Excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint Skills, Excel
- Experience in using; Open Source Learning platform such as Moodle, Blackboard or another similar system either as a student or in a professional environment
- Excellent Online Zoom or Microsoft Teams online meetings, share screen and PPT presentation skills
- Adobe Suite Photoshop and Adobe InDesign skills would be desirable
- Experience in Digital media and marketing skills would be desirable
- Experience and confidence in using all Social Media Platforms; Mailchimp, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and the website
- Knowledge of WordPress website/blog text and image editing would be desirable
- Additional Language desirable but not necessary
- BA or MA in Education Administration
- BA or MA in Education Management
- BA or MA in Arts Administration
- BA or MA in Art and Design Education Management
- Alternatively proof of relevant Professional Career experience + admin related training courses
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail your C.V. with a clear personal statement outlining your suitability and interest in becoming an Arts Administrator at LAP. State clearly what kind of qualities you could bring to London Art Portfolio.
Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: 6 months, FTC Part-Time
Days: 3 days per week Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 DOE Pro Rata
Location: Wapping, E1W 2JU
Genuine opportunity: potential permanent contract possibilities for someone who performs consistently well and shows particular attributes over the 6-month period. depending on experience.
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021
About London Art Portfolio
The leading company that helps students prepare a successful art and design portfolio for University applications, professional interviews, or personal development is now looking for an Arts Administrator to join their team in Central East London close to Tower Bridge and a walk away from Shoreditch. They are very much part of the vibrant, multicultural city of London that draws its strength from difference. They celebrate and feel proud of the diversity of talent and cultural backgrounds of their Team. They believe that attracting people from a broad range of diverse outlooks, to work together leads to more creative ideas and positive solutions. The LAP tutor team offers a dynamic, diverse range of highly qualified professional artists and designers in fine art, fashion design, textiles graphic design, 3D and architecture design to support and direct our students. Many have won international awards and are highly experienced in the development and preparation of successful portfolios.
Their students are citizens of the world, they are from the UK, the EU and overseas. They deliver a high-end supportive service to UK, EU, and International clients. They prepare clients for successful entry into the prestigious UK and international university and professional environments, in a range of art and design subjects at Foundation, Degree and Masters level. Courses and 1-1 tutorials are delivered on-site and online. In addition, they design personal development programmes and mentor professional designers and artists.
Julia Dennis, the founder and director of London Art Portfolio, is a professional artist who has taught Fine Art and Design in the UK, Italy and Papua New Guinea in Further and Higher Education art institutions for more than 35 years.