Julia Dennis, London Art Portfolio’s Founder and Director, is a professional artist who has taught Fine Art and Design in the UK, Italy and Papua New Guinea in Further and Higher Education art institutions. She is up to date with course structure and content of the International Baccalaureate, AS/A2 Level, Degree, Post Graduate and Professional practise specifications in Art, Design and Architecture.
Julia is experienced at co-ordinating EU and British Council funded projects, such as a Comenius and Erasmus project with Finland, Belgium, Sweden and the UK. Julia designed the project brief. The project involved both staff and student exchanges learning much about each other’s cultures and education systems. Having lectured Fine Art overseas at the National Arts School in Papua New Guinea, Julia has developed links between the local communities through art education projects. This regenerated interest and awareness of positive aspects of their rich cultures, identity, and pride. She has experienced working with organisations such as UNESCO, UNV and WHO, covering issues related to health, skills and education.
As an artist Julia often uses the representation of everyday objects, both in and outside of the domestic sphere. Her work aims to transport the viewer between the realms of reality and fiction, whilst exploring destination and dislocation, allowing the unpredictable to happen which sometimes creates tension in her work. Julia enjoys creating site-specific work, for both indoor and outdoor public spaces such as parks, museum and gardens. She works in sculpture, photography, film, installation and mixed media.
Julia has many years of experience in preparing portfolios for Foundation, Degree and Masters applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews as well as providing UCAS support. She has great success in placing British and International tutees onto the right course at the right level at any stage in your career in Fine Art, Fashion and Textile Design, Graphic Design, Photography and 3D Design/Architecture.
• MA in Fine Art: Brighton Arts School, Brighton University
• MA in International Education Development: University of Sussex, Centre for International Education Development
• Studied MSc Social Anthropology at London School of Economics
• BA (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design
• PGCE in Art & Design (post-graduate teaching qualification)
• Foundation Diploma Art and Design: Manchester School of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University
• Manchester High School for Girls: Preparatory and Senior Departments
• Qualified Teacher Status for Secondary and Higher Education
• Up to date Advanced CRB certificate
ART EDUCATOR EXPERIENCE
• Course Leader of National Diploma in Fine Art for 9 Years
• Course Leader of the Foundation Course in Art and Design at the National Arts School in Port Moresby PNG, Papua New Guinea
• Istituto di Europeo di Design Torino: Head of Drawing Programme for the design departments in Italian
• Part Time Leading Lecturer of Foundation Course, Fashion and Textiles: Sussex Part Time Lecturer of Foundation Course, Graphic Design: Sussex
• Part Time Lecturer of Foundation Course, Fine Art: Brighton
• Visiting lecturer on various Degree courses in the UK